To register with YOW please complete the YOW membership form and return the signed form by post to YOW, P O Box 3657, Wolverhampton, WV2 4WY.
If you would like any more information, support or would like to set up a one to one meeting with Sharon who is YOW's voluntary and community group development worker give us a call on 01902 877545.
To qualify for full membership your organisation would need to have the following policies and procedures in place, please note these questions on the membership form are not to judge organisations but to identify where more support is needed for our members.
- A Safeguarding Children (child protection policy) statement which has been reviewed in the last three years.
- A named person in your organisation who takes responsibility for safeguarding children issues and notifies the Safeguarding Board in the event of an allegation against a member of staff.
- A commitment to employees and volunteers to undertake safeguarding children training which is recorded accurately.
- As part of recruitment processes references are checked with the referee for accuracy.
- Can evidence that all employees or volunteers in direct contact with children have Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Clearance (CRB).
- Policies and procedures in place to ensure no staff work with children and young people alone and unsupervised until CRB clearance is complete.
- If an allegation is made about staff processes are in place to support children, carers, parents and staff who will seek the advice of the Wolverhampton Safeguarding Board.
- Have a healthy & safety policy in place and includes information for incident reporting.
- Risk assessments are done on all activities and can be evidenced.
- Have a Equal Opportunities policy in place.
- Have public liability insurance to safeguard against loss or injury to staff and service users which is displayed for everyone to see.
- Constitution/Memorandum of Articles of Association.
- Management structure/committee/steering group.
- A project/organisational bank account.
If your organisation does not have any of the above, advice and support can be provided to help put them in place. This criteria is the same as the local authority Safe and Sound criteria.
Download-YOW membership form